To remove soft drink stains from a leather couch:
1. Place a layer of paper towels over the site of the stain. Toss the towels out as they absorb the soda, then lay fresh towels over the spot to continue to pick up moisture.
2. Cover the site of the stain with baking soda to absorb moisture from the leather’s pores. Allow the baking soda to remain on the leather for 30 minutes. Wipe the powder off the couch with a paper towel.
3. Diluted saddle soap is mild and safe for use on leather surfaces.
4. Pour two capfuls saddle soap and 4 litres of warm water into a bucket. Mix to create a mild soap solution.
5. Dip a cleaning cloth in the saddle-soap solution. Squeeze out excess moisture, then scrub the surface of the leather to remove soda residue. Rinse your cloth frequently and continue to wipe down the surface of the couch to remove the stain.
6. White toothpaste helps remove stains on leather.
7. Rinse the leather surface with a damp cleaning cloth before drying with another cloth. Tackle any remaining colour stain from the soda by buffing the stain with white toothpaste and a dry cloth. Rinse the spot with a damp cloth before drying.